Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nostalgic in 2014 - Vintage CPU

2014 got me thinking about some the early computers I used back in the day. I found a COSMAC 1802 ELF CPU emulator HERE and played around a bit with it in toggle mode since I had an ELF in the 70's and dreamed of getting TinyBASIC. I found TinyBASIC for it and got that going with the emulator. What fun...



I then wondered if anyone had done and a IMSAI emulator and I found Z80sim, complete with CP/M and MBASIC. I located Super Star Trek in BASIC and ran it... so cool!



The best find was the TRS-80 Color Computer emulator HERE. It was possible to even run OS9. I am hoping to run a friends BBS software that he wrote in the 80's once we can figure out a way to get the software off the original machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment