Saturday, May 24, 2014

Grid Frequency Monitor LCD Test Ended

Well I ran the Grid Monitor for over 6 days and at the 5 day mark the highest frequency seen was 60.126 hz however today as I was capturing the images (6th day) I notice the high was now 66.783 hz (crap!). So again something happened.
I think the next step is to do a long term data capture with full logging so the events can be better examined. I plan to build up a more solid probe circuit now and do the capture on a Raspberry Pi. The interesting part was the accumulated offset reading. In the image it is reading 16.9 sec which was probably influenced by the glitch however I watched it over the 5 days and it went up and down in both the positive (fast) and negative (slow) direction and really never went over 30 sec in either direction. The conclusion then is that the grid for a time base is not that bad and seems to self correct over time so you will never be off more that +/- 30 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment