Wednesday, June 10, 2015

APRS Balloon Tracker

This last weekend I lashed up the components for the new APRS balloon tracker. All the items were obtained from ArgentData:

Tracker3 Model T3-Mini

ADS-GM2 GPS Receiver

SRB MX145 Transmitter





With 5 volts running everything and the transmitter connected to a dummy load I had approximately 200 mW output. The T3 audio out was connected directly to the audio in on the transmitter. I have not yet verified the deviation level but I was able to decode with a local receiver. Later I connected the transmitter to my 2 meter ground plane and the tracker was heard on the APRS-IS network and here is the APRS.fi raw log:


Next step is build a chassis to mount the boards in the payload box and to verify the deviation level. I have found a great method to measure deviation using a SDR dongle HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment