Tuesday, April 3, 2018

SONOFF Wireless switches, Node-RED, Tasmota, and MQTT

I have been busy playing with SONOFF wireless switches, both the Basic and the 4CH. I have developed some Arduino IDE based firmware for both devices here on GitHub,

I am also looking at an alternative to OpenHAB for home automation using Node-RED (the coolest software I have ever seen to date) and MQTT Mosquitto all running on Docker. I am running it on a PC with Vagrant but I would like to move it to Raspberry Pi Zero W. The idea being two or more running a Docker swarm for the Node-RED and MQTT services. I want to figure out a way to make it highly available using something like Keepalived. My Node-RED flows are here onGitHub. Today I just loaded the alternate firmware for the SONOFF's --> Tasmota. It is very powerful. So far I got the MQTT mode working with Node-RED and I added a DHT11 sensor (super cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment