Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Bread Board PBX (BB_PBX)

I have been experimenting with the construction of a simple telephone Private Branch Exchange (PBX) using ready made telephony, audio WAV/MP3 players,and DTMF decoder modules built on a set of bread boards. You could probably buy a small PBX but what is more fun than building your own and writing the software to drive it?

The modules are connected to a Micromite PIC32 microcontroller that is running an embedded BASIC called MMBasic. I am using the 28 Pin PIC32 Micromite. I am very amazed by it capabilities.

To make it easier to develop on the BB_PBX I have a ESP8266 D1 Mini connected to the serial console of the PIC32 and am running ESP-LINK: Wifi-Serial Bridge firmware. This allows me to telnet to the BB_PBX and use the built-in editor on the Micromite to edit the code on my PC.



I don't have much working yet but I have developed most of the BASIC subroutines to make it work. I have exercised the ringing and control of the telephony modules, pulse dialing, and control of the SDCard audio player.

See my github for more detail on the code and modules



No comments:

Post a Comment