Sunday, February 9, 2014

Capacitive Battery Charger

I was inspired by the capacitive battery charger by Mikey Sklar HERE and I am hoping to re-cover a 140 Ah marine battery using this technique (4 years old). I just looked at his documentation and found I had most of the parts except the the capacitors which I got for $2 each. I wired mine up like the drawing below and monitor it with my multi-meter. My battery was sitting at only 6 volts at the beginning. After putting the charger on it for a while it jumped up to over 11 volts and was climbing for a while. After 20 hours it is now at 11 volts and  I did check the current and it is pulling about 1/2 amp. I am going to let it rest a day and hit it again and maybe leave it on for several more days and see what  happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment