Monday, July 7, 2014

JT65 HF mode

I decided to try JT65 HF. W6CQZ has packaged up Joe Taylor's K1JT JT65A mode in a easy to use program.

I briefly read the ARRL guide HERE, and I was able to make a contact (WE7P - Bruce in Tacoma Washington) in under 5 minutes on 15 meters.


This is not a rag chew mode but uses a very simple set of exchanges, however it makes the best of low power and simple antennas (which I like). I have only worked a few state side contacts so far but I am hearing DX stations too. I also worked another station (N3GTY -  William in Spring Lake North Carolina) on 20 meters.

The other thing that is neat about the JT65 HF client is that everyone running it can be a reverse beacon monitor. I noticed that one of my CQ's was heard in Japan by a stations client setup to report the spots into PSK Reporter.


No comments:

Post a Comment