Sunday, July 13, 2014

Portable Antenna Tripod

Since I will be needing two general purpose WiFi antenna portable tripods for HSMM range tests I set out to build one based on this DESIGN. I had most of the wood and just needed the hinges and some bolts. It turned out better than I expected and is amazingly strong. I have not measured the weight of it yet but I would say it is at least 10 pounds (4.5 kg). Here is a picture of the first one that I finished last night just before dark with one of the Cisco antennas attached.

It is not as tall as I wanted but it needs to fit in the back seat of a small car. The original Cisco dish mount allows for some articulation. I will be able to get +/- 45 degrees elevation and about +/- 15 degrees in azimuth. If I need more range than that I will have to pick up the tripod and move it. Hopefully I will get some more time this coming week the complete the second tripod. My first range test will be a 1-2 mile path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment