Sunday, February 7, 2016

Folding Camper Design II

I continue to work on the initial design of the folding camper using SketchUp. Have not bought any wood yet but very close.


I came across a folding camper design that has given me many ideas for my above design and helped with some decisions. I could only find bits and pieces of it online. It was from the Popular Mechanics issue from May 1964.



For whatever reason Google Books did not have that issue available scanned. I did find a copy on ebay and scanned the pictures and OCR'd the texted of the article for further reference  HERE --> Inspiration for Camper Design

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for posting this. My father (VE3FHO, VP2MF) built one of these in the winter of 64 and I have fond memories of our travels through Mexico and the American west. It was so nice to find the original article thanks to your post.

    ReplyDelete