Sunday, February 14, 2016

Teensy 3.1 DSP Functions

I was inspired by this recent SolderSmoke Blog post --> ZL2CTM Teensy SDR about using a Teensy Microcontroller as a software Intermediate Frequency (IF) stage for a direct conversion receiver.

I had seen some of the DSP capabilities of the Teensy and have done some simple tone generation test but that is it. I noticed that the PJRC site has been updated HERE and there is a very nice Audio Tutorial that I watched and enjoyed.

Just to start out, and to look at the filter capabilities, I used the web-based Audio Design Tool on the PJRC site to create the following:

This is just to have two Audio Sine-wave sources and a noise source in an attempt to experiment with the Biquad filter. I then take the output of the teensy audio shield and feed it into a PC with a audio spectrum analyzer to see the shape of the filtering. So far I have not built a sharp skirt filter but it is possible per Charlie ZL2CTM.

When I get more time I would like to duplicate Charlie's results using my NE612/Si5351 DC receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment